V for Vendetta & Daria.
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
- sleep-in: this is a given, but full-time workers who aren’t into getting high on weekends may have some difficulty sleeping past 8am. Force yourself to sleep in until 10:30. Treat like a challenge that you are setting yourself, so that when you achieve it you won’t feel like you’ve spent a whole day being completely useless.
- eat everything in the house (that doesn’t require actual preparation): if you live alone, or no-one is home, this is even better - the guilt at eating every last party pie and miniature sausage rolls (microwaved, not oven cooked), the last piece of week old birthday cake in the fridge, and a family size packet of light and tangy chips will only kick in when someone else gets home and sees the garbage bin is full... or you wake up the next morning and realise what you did in your medicated haze.
- stalk your crushes tagged photos on Facebook: this can take a whole day, factoring in careful analysis of when known former flames commented tagged photos to construct a timeline of his or her entire dating history. Creepy? No. Necessary? Yes.
- read a book: the book you’ve always wanted to read but never gotten around to starting it. War and Peace is looking pretty appealing right now; you don’t have work to distract you, and the home internet is down. What else are you gonna do? Knit a sweater?! A solid day of reading War and Peace will see you through to tomorrow, when you will put it back on your bookshelf and never notice it again.
- watch every episode of Daria (this is for the people who can’t sleep in): Daria, aka the greatest cartoon ever made, is just the ticket to make you feel better when you’re feel less than your best. Embrace your hating on life/the flu/the outside world, let Daria be your guide.